Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Slogging along & Dallas SNB & an FO

I haven't been updating much as, well, there ain't much to tell. I've got 3 "big" projects going and there's not much more to say about them till they are done.



What I'm really happy about is that I found a SNB that I don't have to trek to N. Dallas to get to - yay! Stitch n Bitch Dallas meets on the 2nd & 4th Sunday and I went this past weekend and really enjoyed it - the ladies were nice, lots of interesting projects and just all around loverly afternoon. I got so much progress made on my tank, I had to stop & do something else because I (stupidly) didn't have my pattern and I wasn't sure what was next!

But I do have a few pics of the updates:

Pinwheel Sweater:

Yay - I figured out the loopy bindoff and am now on the sleeves. Actually, I think this is technically in hibernation, as I don't think I've worked on it for at least 2 weeks. I'm Magic Looping the sleeves and it feels awkward - I don't know why. It's like there are too many sts (60 altogether, I think) or the points are too long or the moon isn't properly aligned, I dunno. I tried putting it on a shorter cable, but then there aren't enough sts, so whatever. I will probably get back to it this fall, when it makes more sense to have a lap full of wool...

Feather & Fan Scarf:
I finally made it past the middle! Yay! I think I'm about 20 rows into the 2nd ball of yarn. Woo hoo!



I try, really I do, to work on this when I know I will have at least 20 minutes of uninterrupted knitting time - because that's how long it takes me to do a pattern repeat.



I tried making progress on this at the SNB last Sunday, but by the time I started working on it, I think my hands were just done and I kept fumbling the YO's. Still, it's on the downhill side now and I can see that it might just possibly be finished come fall...




Ballet Camisole


I love this! I've been working on it almost exclusively (sorry, F&F!) and, given my aversion to all things cotton yarn related, I am thrilled with how it's turning out! I'm a bit further along now than this picture shows - I'm about to begin the bust shaping increases and before I do that, I want to play around with another swatch so I can figure out just how to increase without getting a damn hole. The loverly Sybermom's Yarn Hores have made suggestions on where to stick it, lol, and I'll be giving that a try later today (I'm blogging from work - woo hoo!)



I added about 6 rows to the waist, as I want this thing to *really* go past my waistband & I tend to be long-waisted. I've put it on a 60" cable now (gotta love those Options needles!) and have tried it on and it.fits.perfectly! I'm beyond thrilled - this is the first fitted garment I've tried and so far, IT FITS! I'm not overly thrilled with my left-leaning decreases, but what the hell - IT FITS! (to my waist anyway - the really tricky fit part is coming up, I know.) I am putting in lifelines now, so that if the increases go wonky, I will be able to rip back without *too* much pain.





Finally, a FO - the Kitty Pi bed. I don't have a post-felt picture yet. Actually, I think I need to felt it some more as it's gotten rather floppy.


See those cute little buggers? As far as I can tell, they haven't actually slept in the bed. They have pounced on it and fought over it, but sleeping? Not so much. Sigh.

I really like the way this turned out - I used odds & ends from my stash & worked with two different colors held together; when I ran out of one color, I just added another. Unfelted, well, it looks rather fugly, but all felted up, it turned out pretty nice! Once I re-wash & block it, I'll get some pics up.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.P. said...

The babies are adorable.. they are going to LOVE the Pi bed!!!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home