Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Entrelac hates me

Wugh

OK, I finished all the set up triangles. This is a picture of where I ended:



Using my LEFT needle, I picked a stitch at the base of the triangle on the left - the skinny end - and then knit it with the next color. I did this 13 times.


In this picture, you can see a little piece of maroon yarn that I used to show where I ended the base triangles - I ASSumed this was the beginning of a row. 13 sts are picked up along the long side of the first base triangle I knit; the last base triangle is on the right. Does this make sense?




The next pic is the WS before I start the purls. You can see that when I get to the end & have to do the p2tog, the 2nd st that gets in the p2tog stitch is one from the END of the row. WTF? *cry*

Twinsanity - doG bless you! - I'm still trying to figure out what you said I'm doing wrong on the pickups. It still seems to me that even if I do it like you said, the sts end up on my right needle & when I turn to purl, I wind up in the same place of having the P2tog st on the *last* triangle.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

1 Comments:

Blogger hidden hippo said...

You my dear are much more adventurous than I. Wish I had any words of wisdom to shoot your way, but honestly the term "entrelac" makes my eyes glaze and my head hurt.

Am having loads of fun planning and plotting. It's so fun to have good reason to shop!

Wishing you a great weekend! (and plenty of green beer if that's your thing...)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home