Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Um, yeah. I can't think of a catchy title for this post

Because I am suffering more newbie knitter trauma.

Sigh.

Went to big yarn yard sale, got lots of stuff. You'd think that there would have been enough of something to MAKE something. You'd think so, but you know you would be wrong....

So, with the beautiful 4 balls of soft purple bulky yarn, I decided to make the bulky baby asymmetrical cardigan (scroll down for pattern). BUT, of course, just plain purple in garter stitch wasn't good enough for me. Nonono. SO I decided to edge it with nice soft fuzzy $2 a ball on clearance from Michael's yarn. Which resulted in a beautiful edge and what felt like I was knitting an octopus, I had so many live threads going....

And then, we came to the "Cast on 5 sts on right edge." Whoopsie. No can do, what with that purdy fuzzy edge. So I tried my hand at increases. Not so nice. But wtf - I"m not frogging all of this.

Now the thing is in time out, because on the opposite side, I have to CO like 15 sts and I haven't figure out how to do that without it being fugly.

In the mean time....

This was more of the $1/ball sale at Michael's. Knit up quick in garter on 17's while watching Law & Order. It will be someone's Xmas present....

And this little almost-FO...
Moda Dea Tutu is evile - even if it was in the same $1/ball sale....And I have some sea green too. I don't want to make another little envelope purse that I have to line and make a handle for and find a button for that will probably just never get finished because...what a PITA. I actually looked for buttons the last trip to Michael's & JoAnn's. Totally spaced actually BUYING some, because I was so fixated on yarn...

Which brings me to my current dilemma. The
Felted Bowling Purse. I love this purse. Except that I have frogged the 3rd triangle 3 times and I am about to frog the 2nd triangle. Because for some freaking reason, I can't get the 3rd triangle to begin with the color change showing up on the WS. The only way to do it is to purl the 1st 3 sts or....to tear my hair out. Aptually, it appears that I screwed up somewhere in the 2nd triangle. Ithink. At some point, for some reason, I hd to frog some rows & they may have gone back on the needle wrong. Or something. I have no fucking idea.

The really sad part is that I inexplicably woke at 3:30 this morning, and that damn triangle was haunting me & I couldn't go back to sleep.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i am trying not to laugh *smothering giggles* I understand your bag dilemma..but i would just keep going and not worry about the color change after all your felting it how bad would it show?.. hehehe as for all that furry and funky yarn..that can be a witch to knit up with..I found the only thing to knit the funky stuff is scarves and even that can try my temper!!.. the baby sweater looks great.. I wouldnt frog it either..*lol*

11:33 PM  
Blogger AMGblaghs said...

Thanks. The sweater is still in time out. I'm dreading increasing 15 sts at the shoulder. I can't imagine how that will look good LOL

10:36 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Re: Pink baby jumper

Oh Dear! Nice pink colour though!

Re: Picking up the extra stitches

Depending on how much of that lovely funky stuff is showing on the WS of your work, and how many rows you have knit with it, could you perhaps pick up the stitches by picking up the purl side of the work where you joined the fancy yarn? Please don't shout at me......

11:35 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

"Moda Dea Tutu is evile"

I guess that's why it was in the sale??? Lol!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home