Monday, April 10, 2006

Blechy blechy blechy basketweave baby blankie

So, I'm just making this one up as I go along....

I cast on 100, k 5 rows, then began
k5 (p10, k10) k5
K5 (k10, p10) k5
and at some point, when the thing looks like the weave is square, I'll do a double k5 (k10, p10) k5 row to start the next section of "weave."

I hate circs at the moment. They just seem to want to twist the way I do NOT want them to go. Grrrr.

Here I started this, thinking what with the klassy yarn markers every 10 stitches, I'd easily be able to put it down & pick it up again. Well, yeah. Unless I'm not paying attention and start knitting back the way I came. Sigh. So, 45 minutes later, I managed to finish the row. After I discovered that after frogging the partial row and getting going in the correct direction again, I was k'ing when I should have been p'ing. I got good at putting this damn thing back on the damn needles. Backwards.

So, what is driving me to distraction and causing me to shout BLECH at regualr intervals is the looseness of the stitch on the transition between k & p. Blech.



So, um, what have I been doing since my last post? Well, I finished the red fun furn scarf. Will, finished in the sense that I stopped knitting it and did the bind off. Now all I have to do is figure out how to weave in all the ends. It's peeking at me right now. It wants to be woven in. I want it to STFU and just weave it's own self. Hey, it could happen.

In other news, I'm currently "in between jobs" as they say. So, I've been busy HS'ing my 4 y/o, working in the garden (things are sprouting! YAY!) and we're all getting used to our newest family member, Max. Erm, Max is the canine ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home