Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No bowling for you!

Sadly, time out did not help the bowling bag purse.

DH put it best when he said, while I was cursing the project yet again, "Honey, I thought you took up knitting because it was relaxing..."

Yeah.

That and I left it up to the yarn doGs to determine the fate of the bag: I managed to miss the part of the pattern at the very beginning that called for TWO pair of 10.5 circs, so I got to the part after the hellacious picking up & increases on the sides & bottom and knitting 15 rows and THEN figured out I NEEDED ANOTHER PAIR OF CIRCS. Wugh. I tried putting it on DPNs but after dropping innumerable stitches (and the above helpful comment from the man...), I decided that my meager budget could afford a trip to Hell Mart - if they had 10.5 circs, I would bull my way through. If not, well, that was that.

End result? Yarn doGs were quite cruel that day: no circs AND there was a ton of novelty yarn on sale for $1, $2 & $4 per ball BUT there was so much other yarn in the bins, you couldn't tell which was what and naturally, no one in sight to answer questions.

Sigh.

So I booga'd a bag. Yay me.

I managed to leave it in washer a titch too long, so it's a bit shorter than I had hoped, but it's OK. Blocking nicely, using the last two volumes of Harry Potter....

Oh, and did I mention 6' of I-cord is a huge PITA?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Really cute!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Nice bag & colours! Six Feet of 'I' Cord???

It's a pain when you have to frog but sometimes it's got to be done. I've met people who just bag a project that is a PITA & stick it in the closet never to be seen again.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home